Friday, April 24, 2009

SPRING BREAK 2009

I shall start telling you about Spring Break by showing you how far I walked.. this was the state of my shoe after 10 days worth of travel! For Spring Break I went to Miami, South Beach,, Boston and NYC!
We arrived at Miami International! With no problems at all!

The sky from the plane was amazing as you can see! Although my camera didn't show you how pretty much every colour of the rainbow could be seen! <3




Our hostel in Miami was in the famous art deco district - it actually looks like the buildings are pretend!




Below is our hostel which was pretty nice and only 2 mins from the beach!





Talking of the Beach! here we are at it! Below = Sim, Jess and Me!



Generally chilling on the beach!





The water and the beaches were crystal clear!




Below is a picture of us in the early morning at the beach!

Our last meal at BIG PINK! in miami!




The hostel sleeping arrangements were not that great but we made do.



In miami, we ate ---- A LOT!


We also dressed up a lot! The dressing up was more fun than the going out!



The biggest subway known to man!

THE NEXT STOP = BOSTON! didn't take any pictures as I was doing an essay most of the time!
BUT THE ADVENTURE OF NEW YORK CITY WAS JUST AROUND THE CORNER!

below is a picture of me after 24 hours of being awake and around NYC!





Below is a picture of me and Sim with an indian girl who let us warm up in her hotel!


Pizza slice at 4am? YES PLEASE!

This is what kept me going for 24 hours! My first proper coffeee!


TIMES SQUARE!


This police officer agreed to pose for a picture!



Our hostel was in the Upper East Side! - just like gossip girl! :)



We were given roses! Most probably because we were the only people awake at stupid o'clock in the morning!

We made it to Grand Central!


But not before buying a rain poncho from Virgin Megastores... which was closing officially the next day!


Look at the time in the morning we arrived at the train station!


Below was us before the final hours!

BROOKLYN BRIDGE below!


WALL STREET!

ON OUR WAY TO CENTRAL PARK








5TH AVENUE!


TIFFANY'S! didn't have the donut... or the black dress! but felt happier knowing I had been!

LITTLE ITALY



THE NYC HOSTEL



BUYING SUBWAY TICKETS!

INSIDE THE PALACE HOTEL WHERE GOSSIP GIRL IS FILMED!


THE PALACE FROM THE OUTSIDE


ON MY LAST DAY BY MYSELF I SAW:
a film being made!




the flat iron building:














All in all it was a great SPRING BREAK! it all went smoothly without any gliches! By the way: there are some more pictures of my adventure in Miami with Maria a 70 year old woman who took me under her wing! <3 but they are on simi's computer!









3 comments:

  1. Very lovely photos seem like you had a good time x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously proof reading is not my thing (I was trying to seems!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi.your photos are lovely.you look a grown up puppy/very nice look forwood to see u at he end of the month.take care x x x

    ReplyDelete